Wednesday 24 October 2012

Winter Memories

Once again I am in a Welsh hotel and I am getting excited as it is almost time for the Stampin Up convention in Mainz, Germany and I am busy making card fronts to swap with my fellow demonstrators.

I do have a card for you, Christmas again! :)


This stamp set, Winter Memories was one of the first to catch my eye from the Autumn and Winter seasonal catalogue.  I think the designs lend themselves perfectly to muted tones and watercolours and this is exactly what I have done with this lovely image of ice skates. Rather than watercolour I used a blender pen picking up the ink from the lid of my inkpads.  I stamped and coloured the image twice so that I could cut part of it out and 3d mount it.  Here's a closer look.



The dotty background paper is from the neutrals designer paper pattern stack and I added some dazzling details glitter for sparkle and some real red ribbon.

1 comment:

Jane said...

That is gorgeous Kazza!
Why are you in a hotel in Wales again??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...