Tuesday 11 October 2011

Ribbon Flower Bookmark.


I first made one of these with my upline, the lovely Amanda Fowler but I loved it so much that I decided to share it with the wonderful ladies at Make. Do and Send card club.
I took 2 pieces of coordinating card, rich razzleberry and rose red and a piece of flowery designer paper and popped them through the big shot with the fun flowers die so that I ended up with 3 sets of flowers.  I played about with the combinations for a little while until I had settled on which order I wanted them.  I then assembled a shallow flower for the back of my bookmark, using a coordinating brad for the centre of my flower and adhering the ribbon on the back of the largest flower with lots of sticky strip.  I stuck the other largest flower to the front of my ribbon and built up the remaining layers to create a huge flower.  I curled some of the edges to ass interest and depth and again added a brad to the centre.  The ribbon is long enough to save your page in any book and trimmed into shape at the end.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...