Sunday 8 July 2012

Union Jack patterns


I am in love with the Twitterpated designer paper! It's just so pretty. This card is cased from one that I saw in a Stampin' Up! publication, it was a sample made by a demonstrator that was shared at a regional training event. When I saw it I wanted to have a go myself and then I shared it further with the ladies at my monthly card club.
The card is made using the embedded embossing technique; I began with the darker patterned paper and using whisper white card and the paler floral paper I gradually created my Union flag design. Once it was all in place I tucked it inside the textured embossing folder and ran it through the Big Shot. This caused all the layers to press tightly together giving the impression of one piece of paper, it almost feels like a piece of fabric. Finally I mounted it onto a navy base card and added a greeting. 

1 comment:

Caroline said...

WOW this is gorgeous love the paper's. Caroline xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...