Friday 26 February 2010

"Love your Stamps"

... that's what the workshop where I made this card was called. I went to the Make It craft show at Farnborough today. I usually try and do a workshop while I'm there and this one quite appealed as it was aiming to get you to look at all your stamps in new ways. We all have stamps that love when we buy them, use them a few times and then put them away never to be seen again. On this card the bear from Penny Black was stamped onto white card and then twice more onto brown bazzil card stock. The butterflies in the image were painted and the brown bears cut out and 3D'd with foam pads. We matted the background paper onto coordinating card and tied a ribbon round before attaching it to the card. The flowers were punched out of remaining paper and we used an embossing tool to give them some shape adding a self adhesive gem for the flower centres. I'm quite pleased with the result, a design I shall use again I think. :O)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...